Professional Ambient Scent Machines & Refills At Your Fingertips
We're Dedicated To Protecting Your Privacy
Effective Date: February 17, 2020
SCENTSIA ( “Company”, “Our”, “We”, or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protect it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy may change from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, do not provide any information about yourself on the Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- personal identifying information such as name, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (including mobile devices) and date of birth ( ”Personal Information”);
- information that does not identify you individually (“Aggregate Information”).
We collect this information from you in the following ways:
- Voluntarily from you when you (1) make a purchase on SCENTSIA Products thru the Site; (2) submit requests for information about our Products ; and (3) submit information thru our Contact page.
- As described in the section immediately below, as you navigate through our Site, information is collected automatically, which may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
As you use our Site, we may use automatic data technologies to gather and log information about your equipment and navigation patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including the resources that you access and use;
- Your IP address, browser type, operating system and internet service provider
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. Cookies are small bits of data written to your hard drive when you visit our Sites that contain information such as a user or session ID to track the pages you have visited so you do not have re-enter your ID information throughout your visit;
- Web Beacons. Pages on our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit, for example, statistics on the number of users who have visited those pages and the popularity of certain content on our Site.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine your online activity, prepare reports and use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We do NOT collect Personal Information automatically. Information and data collected automatically is collected and used in aggregate form only.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
SCENTSIA collects Personal Information and Aggregate Information from you for a number of reasons, including:
- To allow You to purchase Product(s) thru the Site
- To provide you with information about the products and services offered on our Site that we believe will be of interest to you;
- for system maintenance, to perform surveys and to gain a better understand how our Site are used;
- to help us develop new products and services and improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to improve the services we offer on our Site by customizing the advertising and content you see on the Sites;
- to contact you to secure additional information that is needed to better serve you;
- to notify you about changes to our Sites and/or any new products or services offered on the Site;
- to detect or resolve problems with our Site, to assist with customer support, to provide security and to protect against fraud
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Aggregate Information is shared with third-parties for research or marketing purposes. You understand that Aggregate Information does not identify you individually and can be used and shared by us without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you as follows:
- to affiliates and related entities of SCENTSIA;
- to contractors and service providers that we use to perform specific functions or our business and our Site. Such third-parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by us;;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets;
- to comply with a court order, law or legal process, including any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce our Terms of Service;
- where such disclosure is needed to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users, Clients or others.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SCENTSIA follows commercially reasonable and generally accepted industry practices to protect the Personal Information you provide through our Site and maintains administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected., Additionally, our Site and databases are deployed on third-party hosting providers that are also protected by network and security monitoring systems that notify the Company of occurrences that might represent security issues. However, because no method transmission over the internet is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee that Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of these safeguards.
USERS LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Our Site is primarily intended for use by residents of the United States. If you are located outside the U.S., please note that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the U.S. and that by submitting information to us you authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the U.S.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, users of the Site who are residents of California can obtain certain information about the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please write to us at: SCENTSIA 290B Alpha Drive, RIDC Industrial Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 or call us at 412-252-2020. International #: 800-295-5261
YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
HOW TO CONTACT US